- Provide support to the child and their caregiver from the moment of arrest;
- Refer the family to one of the many local agencies who work with families;
- Work with schools in helping the child cope with this event in their young lives;
- Advocate for appropriate visitation facilities and policies for children to have physical contact with their incarcerated parent;
- Provide support to the child's caregiver.
Members of the coalition include:
Lancaster County Children and Youth, Boys and Girls Club, COBYS Family Services, Restorative Justice,
Kon-nectingservice, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Crispus Attucks Community, Justice and Mercy, Lancaster County Council of Churches, Compass Mark, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Bridge of Hope, Domestic Violence Services, Mental Health America, School District of Lancaster, Tabor Community Services, MidPenn Legal Service, and LINC.
Related Topics: Children of Incarcerated Parents